Principal Pipeline Integrity Inspection Engineer
Busco Principal Engineer para empresa do ramo de Óleo e Gás com pelo menos 10 anos de experiência em integridade de ativos - Tubulação. Necessário inglês fluente.
State: Rio de Janeiro
We are looking for a Principal Engineer based in RIO to primarily support and lead
integrity projects in the South America Region.
You will support Integrity Technical Solution Specialist with specific technical consultancy
during the sales process and will lead client interaction during project execution.
You will support the engineering teams delivering the services, providing technical guidance and
reviewing reports to ensure that they meet quality requirements.
You will deliver consultancy services to regional customers relevant to your skills and experience. You will be a key part in
training junior integrity resources.
The services to be supported include:
• Engineering and Consultancy
• Corrosion and Corrosion Management
• Pipeline Inspection Feasibility Study
• Risk Assessment
• Stress Analysis
• Crack Management
• Material Property Verification
• Integrity Assessment
• Supporting the Technical Solutions Specialist in the definition of project scope and
challenging technical solutions which meet both client needs and client’s capabilities.
• Preparation of proposals including both technical and commercial aspects, and supporting
contract negotiations as needed to acquire the project.
• Leading and managing selected projects from contract award through service delivery and
• In collaboration with Regional and Worldwide business line management and resourcing,
supporting the building and development of a team of engineers to deliver relevant services.
• Follow up with customers to get feedback, and run internal lessons learned meetings.
• Executing activities according to company expectations, corporate guidelines, process,
policies and applicable laws.
• Supporting Business Line Management regarding regulatory bodies and industry
Activities include (but are not limited to):
• Maintain a detailed technical understanding of the products and services to properly
represent client in technical discussions as part of a sales process, at project level, and at
• Work in close cooperation with the relevant Technical Solutions Specialist, Process
Professionals and Business Line Management to validate technical specifications for defined
project scopes and ensure that proposals meet customer expectations as well as client's
• Permanent improvement and update of functional and technical specifications in
accordance with our offerings.
• Provision of training to internal staff, as well as to the customer if specified.
• Technical Guidance during project execution in close collaboration with Project
Management and project team.
• Understand customer’s needs and compile information used for future strategies.
• Minimum bachelor's degree in Engineering
• Background in Engineering Consultancy, Asset Integrity Management
• Project experience of minimum 10+ years of relevant Integrity based Project Delivery and
• An ability to develop and give technical presentations
• Excellent English communication skills (Written and spoken), other languages
(Spanish/Portuguese) is a plus
• Willingness to travel
• Experienced in Pipeline Integrity Management and/or production facilities
• Comprehensive experience in Oil & Gas industry, additional industries experience is a plus
• Self-motivated, pro-active individual who is able to work independently, as well as in a team
• Experience of leading multi-discipline teams to support projects such as life extension /
remaining life assessment, due diligence work, benchmarking, overall integrity management
• Solid knowledge of relevant codes, standards and best practices
• Experience in the training and development of engineers and engineering staff
• MSc or PhD in Engineering or related Sciences
• Experience of managing the integrity of pipeline susceptible to cracking (including
• Knowledge of crack assessment processes and methodologies
• Fracture mechanics knowledge
• NACE or API certifications
• Excellent career development opportunities, possibility to work with leading–edge
technology in the oil and gas industry
• Opportunity to get involved with in-house R&D
• Working in an international, innovative and sustainability-oriented company