FP&A analyst is responsible for providing the analysis and the information necessary to make major operational, financial, and strategic decisions. He is responsible for running the annual budgeting process as well as managing cash flow forecast models, variance analysis, and other financial performance tools. The FP&A analyst will often liaise with treasury staff to discuss cash flows and expenditures. They may also get pulled in to work with corporate development on acquisition/sale opportunities.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to supervise and/or perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Performs quantitative analysis of operational and financial data.
- Builds and manages financial databases by organizing and analyzing a wide range of data sources.
- Prepares financial reports for internal use at the company by collecting, analyzing, formatting and presenting information (Tracking and provide analysis/comments on Cash Flows, Capex and P&L vs Budget and Forecast).
- Values the company’s assets by appraising their current condition and useful life.
- Building budgets and forecasts of future company performance and new projects.
- Builds and maintains a corporate financial model by project that details operations and future performance (ROE, IRR, etc.).
- Performs ad hoc analysis as required (updating scenarios according latest assumptions).
- Work with operation managers & understand the business.
- Collect business & financial information by initiating discussions and meetings with business teams.
- 3-5+ years of business finance or other relevant experience in FP&A area.
- MBAs are preferred.
- Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Statistics are preferred major fields.
- Proven work experience in a quantitatively heavy reporting role.
- Strong quantitative and analytical competency.
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel